daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:48 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Don’t rush to judgment - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Don’t rush to judgment details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, October 24, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Don’t rush to judgment

‘Judge not, that you be not judged.’ Matthew 7:1 NKJV

This happened when American pastor Chuck Swindoll was speaking in California: ‘A gentleman came to him and said, “I have waited so long for this week, I am going to eat up everything you have to say.” Swindoll thanked him. Sunday night … the man started nodding off. Swindoll figured that he’d had a long drive and was probably tired. It happened each night until the conference ended. As a preacher … it didn’t feel good to see someone sleeping on him. On Friday morning, the lady who was sitting next to him came to Swindoll and said, “I want to thank you for the ministry this week. Oh, and by the way, I am sorry about my husband sleeping on you … He has terminal cancer, and the doctors have just given him a couple of weeks to live. When we talked about what he wanted to do before he died, he said, ‘I want to go hear Chuck Swindoll.’ But you see, Dr Swindoll, the doctors gave him medicine to keep away the pain, and the medicine makes him sleep. I wanted to apologise to you that he has been sleeping, but I wanted you to know you made this the best week of the last part of his life.” Swindoll later said he could have crawled under a rock, because he had made a judgment and without any investigation he reacted.’

Why did Jesus say, ‘Judge not, that you be not judged’? Because there may be circumstances and factors at work in a person’s life that you don’t understand. So, instead of judging them, extend to them the same grace God has extended to you.

SoulFood: Isa 4-7 John 5:31-47 Ps 5 Pro 27:13-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BROKENNESS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 28, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BROKENNESS

In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken?...More
DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE
Open Heavens
for Saturday, March 15, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DELIVERANCE: DIVINE ASSURANCE

When God speaks, that settles it. He reigns forever. When He gives a decree, it is forever. When He says "surely", it means surely. When He says surely, it will be well with me, nobody can change it. He says surely, by His stripes I am healed, and nobody can change this. He says surely, everything I do shall...More
Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life
The Word for today
for Wednesday, October 10, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Have Clearly Established Goals For Your Life

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me.' Philippians 3:14 NIV

In 1972, Life magazine published a story about the amazing adventures of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, his grandmother remarked, If only I had done that when I was young.' Determined not to make that...More
God Is Good
Daily Devotional
for Tuesday, December 27, 2023
by Andrew Wommack Ministries

God Is Good

John 21:25 'And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.'

JOHN 21:25
Every detail of every man's life, who has ever walked on the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions