daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:22 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


You are commanded to love - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

You are commanded to love details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, March 3, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
You are commanded to love

‘A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another;’ John 13:34 NKJV

Love is not an emotion, because you cannot command someone to feel a certain way. Loving someone is a choice that manifests itself in your attitudes and actions towards that person. Jesus said, ‘“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another”’ (John 13:34-35 NKJV). Jesus called this a new commandment. What’s new about it? These words: ‘… as I have loved you, …’

Since Christ lives in you, you can love others with His love. Jesus always put His disciples first—washing their feet, saving them from storms, patiently teaching them. He didn’t look out for number one; He looked out for the twelve. You say, ‘But how can I love someone I don’t even like?’ Jesus answers, ‘As I have loved you.’ C.S. Lewis tells of how he came to view others’ faults differently: ‘There is someone I love, even though I don’t approve of what he does. There is someone I accept, though some of his thoughts and actions revolt me. There is someone I forgive, though he hurts the people I love the most. That person is me … If I can love myself without approving of all I do, I can also love others without approving of all they do.’ And what Jesus commands you to do, He empowers you to do: ‘Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us’ (Romans 5:5 NKJV).

SoulFood: Exo 25-27 Luke 13:18-35 Ps 136 Pro 6:30-35





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
ACCEPTED TIME 2
Open Heavens
for Saturday, February 8, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ACCEPTED TIME 2

God is never too early and He is never too late. His timetable is set on purpose; the purpose is not only for your sake but also for His. In all things, His name shall be glorified. No doubt, He would have been glorified healing Lazarus of his sickness, but this can't compare to raising him from the dead after four...More
IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER

Read:
. He is looking for those who are ready and committed to walking in His footsteps. God is holy, and He has called us to holy living. We are to do as He commands because we are the light of the world. God in Heaven is glorified when our light shines in the midst of the darkness of this world. If you...More
Standing in the limelight
The Good Seed
for Monday, January 4, 2022
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Standing in the limelight

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern for all who are going to believe on him for everlasting life.
1 Timothy 1:15.16.

Standing in the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions