daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:23 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Put away the measuring stick! - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Put away the measuring stick! details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, May 5, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Put away the measuring stick!

‘Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”’ John 21:16 NIV

Pastor Reimar Schultze says: ‘The more conscientious we are, the more we … go to bed with some sense that we missed the elusive 100 per cent again … Many precious saints fall for this trap … robbing themselves of the joy of the Lord and the peace … that passes all understanding … We all are familiar with the testimonies of some of the greatest men of God. Many of them, like us … found themselves in the gutters of self-incrimination.’ Moses felt completely unworthy and unable to free Israel from Egypt. Yet how often has God called you to do something and you said the same thing: ‘Who am I, that I should go…?’ (Exodus 3:11 KJV).

Do you think you know more than the One who called you? David tells us throughout the Psalms that God is omnipotent and omnipresent; that He never takes his eyes off us. Then David contradicts himself by declaring, ‘But I am a worm and not a man, …’ (Psalm 22:6 NIV), and ‘I am forgotten as though I were dead; …’ (Psalm 31:12 NIV). Elijah was so depressed that he cried, ‘… It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; …’ (1 Kings 19:4 KJV). Job cursed the day he was born, yet the Bible calls him a ‘blameless and upright’ man who reverenced God (see Job 1:1). Pastor Schultze continues: ‘Measuring our worth to God by our performance will continue to threaten us until the end of time … I absolutely refuse to go to bed going through some kind of checklist on how I did … I would rather ask myself the question Jesus asked Peter … do you love Me with all your heart, soul, mind and strength? Again, that is the only test I want to give myself at the end of the day.’ It’s the one that counts most!

SoulFood: Num 30:1 – 32:24 Mark 5:1-10 Ps 44:9-16 Pro 11:10-11





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions