daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 4:48 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Reasons to be thankful (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Reasons to be thankful (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, September 20, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Reasons to be thankful (1)

‘Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you.’ 1Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

Breathing is a complicated process. It requires physiological precision, and the average person takes about twenty-three thousand breaths a day. And while we’re inclined to thank God for everything that takes our breath away, maybe we should also thank Him for all of our other breaths.

In 2000 Pastor Ed Dobson was diagnosed with ALS, a degenerative disease with no known cause or cure. Sharing his ongoing struggle to be thankful while living with an incurable condition, Dobson writes: ‘There are many things for which I am not grateful! I can no longer button…my shirt. I can no longer put on a heavy jacket…[or] raise my right hand above my head. I can no longer write…[or] eat with my right hand. I eat with my left hand, and now even that is becoming a challenge. And over time…these challenges will get worse…So what in the world do I have to be grateful for? So much. Lord, thank you for waking me up this morning…that I can still turn over in bed…that I can still get out of bed…that I can walk to the bathroom…that I can still brush my teeth…that I can still eat breakfast…that I can still dress myself…that I can still drive my car…that I can still walk…Thank you that I can still talk…The list goes on… I have learned…to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t do. I have learned to be grateful for the small things in life and for the many things I can still do.’ What do you have to be thankful for? ‘Give thanks in all circumstances.’

Soulfood: 1 Sam 11-13 Matt 26:69 – 27:10 Ps 13 Pro 21:22-27





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
ACCEPTED TIME 2
Open Heavens
for Saturday, February 8, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ACCEPTED TIME 2

God is never too early and He is never too late. His timetable is set on purpose; the purpose is not only for your sake but also for His. In all things, His name shall be glorified. No doubt, He would have been glorified healing Lazarus of his sickness, but this can't compare to raising him from the dead after four...More
IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IMPEDIMENTS TO PRAYER

Read:
. He is looking for those who are ready and committed to walking in His footsteps. God is holy, and He has called us to holy living. We are to do as He commands because we are the light of the world. God in Heaven is glorified when our light shines in the midst of the darkness of this world. If you...More
Standing in the limelight
The Good Seed
for Monday, January 4, 2022
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Standing in the limelight

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern for all who are going to believe on him for everlasting life.
1 Timothy 1:15.16.

Standing in the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions