daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:27 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


‘My name is gossip!’ - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

‘My name is gossip!’ details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, October 24, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
‘My name is gossip!’

‘Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.’ Psalm 141:3 NLT

If you’re inclined to gossip, read this carefully:

‘I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious, and I gather strength with age. The more I’m quoted, the more I’m believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless; they can’t protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I’m nobody’s friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it’s never the same. I topple governments, wreck marriages, and make innocent people cry. Who am I? My name is gossip!’ Solomon said, ‘Rumours are dainty morsels that sink deep into one’s heart’ (Proverbs 18:8 NLT). When it comes to the sin of gossip, note carefully what Jesus said: ‘Every idle word…men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned’ (Matthew 12:36–37 KJV). One day we will stand before God to be evaluated and rewarded. Revelation 20:12 says, ‘And the books were opened. ’ (KJV) The word ‘books’ indicates there will be several. So might there be a ‘book of words’? If you believe there could be, you won’t break someone’s heart by spreading their secrets, betraying their confidence, ruining their good name, and undermining their self-esteem with ridicule and innuendo. You simply won’t do it. David prayed, ‘Control…what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.’ And that’s a prayer each of us needs to pray on a regular basis.

Soulfood: Ezra 9-10 John 7:1-13 Ps 104:1-18 Pro 24:26-27





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions