daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:46 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


You will never be perfect enough (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

You will never be perfect enough (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, November 8, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
You will never be perfect enough (1)

‘By grace you have been saved…it is…not a result of works.’ Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV

A perfectionist seeks to achieve nothing less than perfection. Dorothy Littell Greco writes:

‘I’ve been a perfectionist for as long as I can remember…I had to get A’s, had to win, and had to please everyone. Every mistake or perceived failure unleashed a torrent of self-condemnation…Perfectionism often [comes from] insecurity and a faulty understanding of grace. During the first few years…parents are meant to communicate through their words and actions that we’re…lovable, even though we do nothing to earn that love…But not all of us were the beneficiaries of such parenting. Many of our needs were met with frustration or even anger, which we interpreted as, “There’s something wrong with me.” When that’s the case, over time, shame creeps in…[and] distorts our understanding of our self-worth. The voice of perfectionism increased when I started following Jesus. I feared being judged and…excluded, [which] motivated me to prove my worth to my fellow Christians. Though I believed, theoretically, that I was saved by grace, I lived as if I had purchased salvation on credit and was accruing an enormous debt. I [lived] as if Jesus would tear up our “salvation contract” the moment I made a mistake. As I began to understand that pride and a fear of mankind were driving my perfectionism, I confessed this as sin … [and] the chokehold started to loosen. Like the Samaritan woman at the well, I needed Jesus to break in and tenderly reorient me to his living water.’ Remember, you don’t have to be perfect to be a blessing to others—you just have to be real!

Soulfood: 1 Chr 23:21 – 26:19 John 10:1-10 Ps 99 Pro 26:1-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE ETERNAL BOOK
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ETERNAL BOOK

One outstanding need that divine midwives must satisfy is to have their names written in the Book of Life. This is the most important book in the universe. Given modern trends and need for details, most institutions have various books in which records are kept and can be retrieved in years to come. Every...More
How Is Much Enough? (1)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 11, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

How Is Much Enough? (1)

Life is not measured by how much you own.' Luke 12:15 NLT

What does the good life' mean to you? Driving the fastest car? Owning the biggest house? Wearing the latest clothes and having the most prestigious job? God's concept is very different. Jesus said, Guard againstgreed. Life is not measured...More
VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU
Daily Scripture Reading
for Thursday, September 24, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU

...More
Where to Find Hope
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, September 20, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Where to Find Hope

Read: Romans 5:1-11 | Bible in a Year: Ecclesiastes 4-6; 2 Corinthians 12



Hope is the anchor of the soul.

By Anne...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions