daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:02 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


This Christmas reach out to someone - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

This Christmas reach out to someone details logo    The Word for Today - Wednesday, December 24, 2025
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
This Christmas reach out to someone

‘The word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.’ John 1:14 NIV

Here’s a great story from Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church in New York City. It’s about a recovering alcoholic called Jim.

It was his first Christmas alone, and when a young family sat down beside him in the pew he couldn’t handle it. As he was leaving the church he met Pastor Thomas Tedwell, who asked where he was going. ‘Out for a drink,’ he replied. Tedwell said, ‘You can’t. Where’s your sponsor?’ ‘On vacation,’ replied Jim. ‘I came here tonight looking for a word of hope and ended up sitting beside this happy family. And if I had my life together, I’d be here with mine.’ As the pastor walked to the pulpit he prayed, ‘God, give me a word of hope for Jim.’ Then after welcoming the congregation, he said, ‘I’ve an unusual request. If anyone here is a friend of Bill W’s, and if you are—you’ll know it, please meet me in the vestry.’ (Bill Wilson, better known as Bill W., co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous.) Immediately people from all over the church began to respond. As Dr. Tedwell observed, ‘While I was busy preaching about the Incarnation, the Word was becoming flesh before my eyes!’ This Christmas some of the people around you are hurting; they’ve lost hope. So, ‘Let the word become flesh.’ Lift the fallen, encourage the despairing, and minister to the sick, the lonely, and the forgotten. Jesus said, ‘When you did it to these my brothers you were doing it to me!’ (Matthew 25:40 TLB) Instead of keeping to yourself this year, reach out to someone. Go ahead—it’ll be your best Christmas ever!

SoulFood: 1 Cor 10-11 Matt 1:18-25 Ps 139:1-12 Pro 31:25-27





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions