daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:06 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Responsibility and the "ability to respond" - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Responsibility and the    The Word for Today - Tuesday, April 14, 2026
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Responsibility and the "ability to respond"

2 Chronicles 16:9 NKJV

God never gives a person responsibility without giving the ability to respond. So, you can look in the mirror today and say with confidence, "God, You've given me this responsibility and the ability to respond to it." In the Bible, when God called regular people to do great things, they usually responded with a sense of inadequacy.

When God charged Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egyptian bondage: "Moses pleaded, 'O Lord, I'm just not a good speaker. I never have been, and I'm not now, even after you have spoken to me... I have a speech impediment" (Exodus 4:10 TLB). God wouldn't hear of it, and He told Moses, "Go ahead and do as I tell you, for I will help you to speak well, and... tell you what to say" (Exodus 4:12 TLB).

When God told Gideon to lead the Israelites to victory against the powerful forces of Midian, we read: "'Pardon me, my lord,' Gideon replied, 'but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.' The Lord answered, 'I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive'" (Judges 6:15-16 NIV). Gideon conquered an army of 135,000 with only 300 soldiers - plus God. That's a ratio of 450 to 1!

So next time Satan reminds you that you are inadequate, say: "You're correct! But I'm connected to a God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and always present. Through Him I can do all things!" (see Philippians 4:13).

Soul food: Joel 1-3; Matt 1:18-25; Ps 43; Prov 10:17-18





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE ETERNAL BOOK
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 16, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ETERNAL BOOK

One outstanding need that divine midwives must satisfy is to have their names written in the Book of Life. This is the most important book in the universe. Given modern trends and need for details, most institutions have various books in which records are kept and can be retrieved in years to come. Every...More
How Is Much Enough? (1)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 11, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

How Is Much Enough? (1)

Life is not measured by how much you own.' Luke 12:15 NLT

What does the good life' mean to you? Driving the fastest car? Owning the biggest house? Wearing the latest clothes and having the most prestigious job? God's concept is very different. Jesus said, Guard againstgreed. Life is not measured...More
VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU
Daily Scripture Reading
for Thursday, September 24, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

VOICE OUT WHAT GOD HAS SPOKEN CONCERNING YOU

...More
Where to Find Hope
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, September 20, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Where to Find Hope

Read: Romans 5:1-11 | Bible in a Year: Ecclesiastes 4-6; 2 Corinthians 12



Hope is the anchor of the soul.

By Anne...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions