daily devotionals online logo Thursday, October 01, 2026 12:04 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Live For What Matters Most - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Live For What Matters Most details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, August 30, 2019
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Live For What Matters Most

‘I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be naked when I leave.' Job 1:21 NLT

Have you ever heard the saying, ‘Old too soon, wise too late'? Don't let that be your story. Three of the titans who built America were Vanderbilt, Carnegie and Rockefeller. After attending Vanderbilt's funeral, Carnegie and Rockefeller did a rethink and spent the rest of their lives seeing how much money they could give away to do good. Death has a way of showing us the brevity of life and changing our perspective.

Carnegie died in his eighties and Rockefeller in his nineties. But they both died! We all do. The question is will you merely make a living or will you make a difference? One businessman told his friend: ‘I don't think I'm trapped on this treadmill forever, but I'm certainly involved with it right now it's the old merry-go-round of how much money is enough? And it's never enough. Three years ago I thought: "Just a little more now I make twice as much, and it's still not enough."'

Solomon writes, ‘He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income.' (Ecclesiastes 5:10 NASB) Have you told yourself that when you get a certain amount of money you'll be happy and secure? Maybe and maybe not. When you trust in anything other than God, you live fearfully because you'll always be vulnerable to circumstances you cannot control. Jesus bottom-lined it this way: ‘Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.' (Matthew 6:33 NLT)

SoulFood: Ezek 20-21, Matt 22:15-22, Ps 111, Pro 19:18-20





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
(Genesis 24:67)


The Holy Scriptures present Isaac as a type of Christ. God said to Abraham. "Take now thy son, thine Isaacand there offer him up for a burnt-offering" (Gen 22:2).
Abraham took him to the appointed...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More
DENYING JESUS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 21, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DENYING JESUS?

Read:


Bible in one year:
2 Samuel 19:16-20:26
Proverbs 13:15-14:3

Hymn:
Sing hymn 13

The company you keep determines who you are, what you do, and how you respond to situations in life. The story was told of a sparrow that got trapped together...More
Loving And Accepting Others
The Word for today
for Saturday, April 11, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

Loving And Accepting Others

In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.' Philippians 2:3 NKJV

You can learn to love and accept someone, without necessarily agreeing with their opinions and endorsing their actions or lifestyle. An important key is learning to see people as individuals. The more we realise...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions