daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 10:20 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Finishing Strong In Ministry (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Finishing Strong In Ministry (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Sunday, November 18, 2019
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Finishing Strong In Ministry (1)

‘I have finished the race.' 
2 Timothy 4:7 NKJV

Did you know that over half of those who enter the ministry leave before retirement? Why? There are lots of reasons—here is one of them: They discover that great revelation is accompanied by a ‘thorn'. The apostle Paul, who wrote half the New Testament, says: 
‘To keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.' (2 Corinthians 12:7-10 NIV) 


There are 168 hours in your week. The hour you spend in ministry preaching a sermon, teaching Sunday school or leading a small group showcases you in the areas of your gifting and strength. So your challenge will always be to remember that it is God's Word and God's power, not yours, that changes lives and gets the job done. Notice what Paul said: ‘To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh.' Paul's thorn came in the form of ‘weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties.' What's your thorn? You can only stand strong before people if you discipline yourself to spend time before God in prayer and Bible study. That's how to stay effective and finish strong in ministry!

SoulFood: 2 Chr 19-21, John 12:1-11, Ps 76, Pro 27:4-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-FOOLISH PROPHETS

The word of Jehovah came unto me, saying: Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say unto them that prophesy out of their own heart, Hear ye the word of Jehovah. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow after their own spirit, and have seen nothing!...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE DON'T!

A negative change is generally abhorred by men. Everyone craves progress. We always desire to keep ascending the ladder of success. No one wants to make a u-turn in the journey of greatness. The greatest journey whose end has the greatest significance is the journey to Heaven. This journey is only made in Jesus...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions