daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 10:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


‘A Spirit of Fear’ - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

‘A Spirit of Fear’ details logo    The Word for Today - Tuesday, December 11, 2019
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
‘A Spirit of Fear’

‘God has not given us a spirit of fear.' 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

The Bible tells us that fear is a ‘spirit'. This spirit has a mind that thinks and a voice that speaks, and if you allow it to—it will control you. Today if you're battling a ‘spirit of fear', make this your prayer: ‘Lord, Your Word says when I seek Your face, You'll hear me and deliver me from all my fears (see Psalm 34:4). So I cast down every anxious thought that rises up against what I know about You and Your power (see 2 Corinthians 10:5). 
I stand on the promise that You'll never leave nor forsake me (see Hebrews 13:5). I rest in the truth that nothing is too hard for You (see Jeremiah 32:17). I rejoice in the assurance that You've already given Your angels responsibility for keeping and protecting me in all my ways (see Psalm 91:11). I resist the spirit of fear, and command it to flee in Jesus' name (see James 4:7). By faith I decree that Your peace, which passes human understanding, will guard my heart and mind (see Philippians 4:7). Therefore, I will not let my heart be troubled or afraid (see John 14:27). 
In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.'

Now instead of focusing on the problem, focus on the Problem-Solver—God! That may not immediately resolve your difficulty, but it'll keep you in a peaceful state of mind while you wait for God to work.

Isaiah said, ‘You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You!' (Isaiah 26:3 NLT) Note the word ‘fixed'. As you go through this day with your mind ‘fixed' on God, you'll have ‘perfect and constant peace' (AMPC).

SoulFood: Neh 11-13, John 19:1-16, Ps 105:8-15, Pro 30:5-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD (2)
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 3, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD (2)

He exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
(Acts 11:23)
A WORD ON CLEAVING TO THE LORD (2)

Observe, they are exhorted with purpose of heart to cleave to the Lord. A distracted heart is the bane of a Christian. When my heart is filled with Christ, I...More
WAYS OF DELIVERANCE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 11, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAYS OF DELIVERANCE

In

Bible in one year:
Job 14-17

Action...More
Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 25, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense


"Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh."
(Matthew 2:11)

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and when the tidings reached the guilty tyrant who sat upon the Jewish throne, he "was troubled and all Jerusalem with him." The men of the city had...More
THE BREVITY OF TIME
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, April 8, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE BREVITY OF TIME

How recklessly this age speeds to self destruction! The word of God is accurate and authentic in its prediction of the latter end of the world and in warning His saints of the end times, so that they are not overtaken by the prevalence of evil in this age! In virtually every facet of life, there is an overturning...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions