daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 10:19 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


How To Set Your Goals (2) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

How To Set Your Goals (2) details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, December 13, 2019
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
How To Set Your Goals (2)

‘Before you were born I set you apart.' Jeremiah 1:5 NIV

Ask God to tell you who you are. Bookshop shelves are lined with volumes telling us that we can be anything we make up our minds to be. And while there's some truth to that, it's not the whole truth! A dog may believe it can fly, but if it tries to, it will go ‘splat'. A fish may believe it can bark, but it's not going to happen. The same is true for us.

Bottom line: we may pray, believe, claim, confess, and try all they want, but we won't succeed unless it's in line with what God called and equipped us to be. He told Jeremiah: ‘"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." "Alas, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, I am too young. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord. Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "I have put My words in your mouth."' (Jeremiah 1:5-9 NIV)

When God equips you with one talent He doesn't give you a five-talent assignment, and vice versa (see Matthew 25:14-15). And here's the great thing: the one-talent person and the five-talent person will one day stand before Him and hear the commendation: ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.' (Matthew 25:21 NKJV)

SoulFood: Micah 5-7, John 19:31-42, Ps 105:23-36, Pro 30:15-19





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And...


Jehovah appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre. And he sat at the tent-door in the heat of the day. And he lifted up his eyes and saw, and behold, three men standing near him.
(Genesis 18:1)

The spiritual elevation of Abraham in Genesis 18 and 19 is something very peculiar. He seems...More
FASTING IS NECESSARY
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FASTING IS NECESSARY

To relate with the Holy Spirit, you must be holy. You must also exercise a living faith, pray and fast. Some people will tell you that because had finished the work of salvation, there is no need to fast. To them, fasting is completely needless and is some form of self-inflicted punishment. But they forget that...More
REWARD FOR LABOUR
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, August 27, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

REWARD FOR LABOUR

Jacob sojourned with Laban and laboured for him for several years. At first, his host was cheating him at every opportunity, and the years of his hard labour were almost in vain. Down the line, God had to intervene to enable Jacob eat the fruit of his labour. For a reader of this devotional, in every area that you...More
HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?

The name you bear is very important because it serves as your identity and your future may be connected to it. The name a person bears is sometimes indicative of the experiences he or she will encounter in life. Take for instance Moses: this name means "drawn out of water"

Bible in one year:
Job...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions