daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 6:55 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Start Seeing It Differently - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Start Seeing It Differently details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, July 11, 2020
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Start Seeing It Differently

‘I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.' Psalm 27:13 NKJV

When you choose to see things from God's perspective, it changes how you feel. The only thing keeping your old negative feelings in place is your thinking. ‘As he thinks within himself, so he is.' (Proverbs 23:7 AMP) When you start thinking the right way, your life starts going the right way. But remember, you didn't become negative overnight and you won't become positive overnight. So how do you start?

(1) Replace your negative thinking with thoughts that are ‘praiseworthy.' (Philippians 4:8 NIV) Deal with destructive thoughts the way you'd deal with flies at a picnic—shoo them away. With practice and persistence you can do it. You have that choice!

(2) Remember: before you take on the future, recall God's goodness to you in the past. Shakespeare said, ‘Let never day nor night unhallow'd pass, but still remember what the Lord hath done.'

David said: ‘I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart.' (Psalm 27:13-14 NKJV) We don't have more problems than other people, we just think about them more often. Stop and reread that last sentence! What you think produces how you feel. If you don't believe that, try feeling angry without first having angry thoughts, or feeling sad without first having sad thoughts. To experience a feeling, you must first entertain the thought that produces it.

That's life-changing information—and it will change your life as you act on it!

SoulFood: Jer 45-48, Luke 6:37-49, Ps 109:16-31, Pro 15:23-26





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions