daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 1:22 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Redefining ‘Good’ Friday - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Redefining ‘Good’ Friday details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, April 2, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Redefining ‘Good’ Friday

‘God was also pleased to bring everything on earth and in Heaven back to Himself through Christ.' Colossians 1:20 GWT

Carolyn Arends writes: ‘Easter Sunday is the Christian faith's gold medal victory lap the Happily Ever After But I dread Good Friday images of torture and suffering the terrible recollected cry, "My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?" Left to my own devices, I'd probably skip Good Friday. But if I did, Easter morning would become increasingly hollow. I'd forget how much my salvation cost I'd start to believe that you can have victory without sacrifice I'd buy the lie that Christ's victory over death—and my decision to follow him—means life will be trouble-free The Biblical writers encourage us to consider suffering an opportunity to identify with Christ to take up His cross. Yet when the job is lost, or the tumour is malignant, or the friendship is betrayed, we grieve not only the wound but also the fact that we can be wounded. We feel Jesus has let us down. We don't consider it "pure joy" So how do we become Easter Sunday Christians? When I'm expecting Easter Sunday and I get Good Friday [I try] to remember that God's definition of "good" far exceeds my own that almost all the new beginnings have come from what felt like terrible endings What seems like a small (but devastating) death is actually a chance at new life.'

If you're struggling to see the ‘good' in your situation, hear this: ‘Life from nothing began through Him, and life from the dead began through Him, and He is, therefore, justly called the Lord of all through Him God planned to reconcile

SoulFood: Gen 22:1-18, Matt 26:69-27:50, Ps 22, Is 53





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 22, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)

Be clear minded and self-controlled' 1 Peter 4:7 NIV
Going from childhood to adulthood is a transition that requires a lot of wisdom and love. Your teen will feel and behave child-like sometimes, and adult-like other times. Your job is to realize that whatever their status, they will become a man (woman)...More
BIG SPRING
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, February 28, 2016
by RBC Ministries

BIG SPRING

READ:


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
-John 4:14

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 20-22
Mark...More
Taught by Turkeys
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, November 24, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Taught by Turkeys

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 22-23, 1 Peter 1

More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions