daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:31 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Dealing With Your Doubts (2) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Dealing With Your Doubts (2) details logo    The Word for Today - Wednesday, April 8, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Dealing With Your Doubts (2)

‘Unless I see the nail marks in His hands, put my finger into them, and put my hand into His side, I'll never believe!' John 20:25 ISV

Some of us have taken the message of Christianity and put it in a box marked: ‘Don't ask—don't tell.' Ever feel like you need permission to weep when you lose a loved one? Or feel intimidated about admitting, ‘I really don't know for sure'?

The story of doubting Thomas teaches us that not only is it ok to doubt—sometimes it's necessary! If you don't, you won't grow. You'll wind up with somebody else's answers, and in many cases they will be inadequate for your questions—even if you're honest enough to ask them.

Question: has some well-meaning religious person pushed you into a corner and tried to make you believe that your questions are an offence to Christ? If so, it's time to listen anew to the tender words of the One who knows your doubts and fears better than you do: ‘Peace be with you. Look at My hands and feet. Look with eyes of faith and believe. You are blessed when you believe in spite of your doubts.'

It's ok to pray, ‘Lord, like Thomas, I still struggle with some doubts. I haven't put my life all together yet. Not until I'm with You will that happen. Thank You for accepting me in my struggles, and not ignoring my questions. Thomas finally reached the place where he could say, "My Lord and my God." Thank You for being patient with me as I strive to reach that place as well.'

So, how do we get through our doubts? Like Thomas! By facing them honestly, bringing them to Jesus, and growing spiritually as a result of them.

SoulFood: Lev 13:38-14:57, Mark 1:9-13, Ps 25:1-7, Pr 9:17-18





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions