daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:29 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Dealing With Our Sin - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Dealing With Our Sin details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, April 25, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Dealing With Our Sin

‘Against You, You only, have I sinned.' Psalm 51:4 NKJV

We need a new way of looking at sin; a fresh understanding of it that recognises it involves denial and moral blindness. And the only way to see it clearly is through the eyes of the One we've sinned against. David prayed, ‘Against You, You only, have I sinned.'

A Christian college professor put it like this: ‘I'm nice to my students; respectful to my colleagues; love my family; don't steal, commit adultery, use drugs or swear; and I floss regularly. But when I look at myself honestly, I see that I harbour bitterness, hoard my time, and resent others intruding on me. I'm vain and consumed with how others perceive me. I wrestle with my sexuality and have strayed with my eyes and my heart. I pretend to listen, but I don't. I think more about being great than being good. I act more spiritual than I am. I'm a mess—broken in every way—and my only hope is God's mercy.'

When Isaiah saw the Lord sitting on His throne,

The realisation of our sinfulness can be as gentle as a nudge, or it can knock us down with hurricane force. What's important is how we respond. Regardless of how often you've fallen or how badly you've failed, today God extends to you His grace, and a chance to begin again if you're willing to accept it.

SoulFood: 2 Kings 6:1-7, Matt 14:22-33





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions