daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:20 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God’s Remedy For Depression (5) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

God’s Remedy For Depression (5) details logo    The Word for Today - Tuesday, November 10, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
God’s Remedy For Depression (5)

‘I have loved you with an everlasting love.' Jeremiah 31:3 NIV

Let's take a moment and look at the kind of self-talk that can increase feelings of depression—and keeps us stuck there. For example, instead of simply saying, ‘I made a mistake,' we say, ‘I'm a total failure.' Instead of saying, ‘I accidentally tripped,' we say, ‘I'm clumsy.' Instead of just saying, ‘I ate too much,' we say, ‘I'm a pig.'

And when we label ourselves with such titles, we reinforce our problems and may begin to feel worse. Let God change the harmful misconceptions you have of yourself, such as:

(1) ‘If somebody criticises me, it means I'm worthless,' or

(2) ‘I have to be loved and accepted by everybody in order to feel fulfilled,' or

(3) ‘I can't admit an area of weakness; I must be perfect or else I'm a failure.'

Those are the kinds of misconceptions that can increase depression. Jesus knew the importance of correct thinking when He said, ‘You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.' ( NLT) The good news is—you can live free from depression! How? By establishing a personal relationship with Christ. This may not automatically cure all your depression, but without Him in your life, you don't have the power to change.

When Christ comes into your life, He gives you a new purpose, new power, and a new perspective. You need something greater to live for than your own interests. People who live only for themselves often end up depressed. You need something bigger; something that draws you out of yourself. And that something is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Through Him (and with appropriate support from a medical professional if needed), you can conquer depression.

SoulFood: 1 Chron 19:1-23:20, John 9:24-41, Ps 115, Pr 25:26-28





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


OF KEYS AND DOORS
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 8, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

OF KEYS AND DOORS

Every apartment or compartment with a lock has its key. It takes a key to open the gate of a house and several keys to enter the house its rooms. If you have fridge, car or wardrobe, you will equally have their keys. From the foregoing therefore, it is apparent that several good things with value have their...More
Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His ways


Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in His waysBehold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the...More
HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 16, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HAZARDING LIVES FOR MISSIONS

Within the space of a few years after the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, the gospel about Him had reached Rome, Alexandria, Antioch and all the great cities in Europe, Africa and Asia. The gospel had made great inroads into the aristocracy and among intellectuals, and had already changed the lives...More
August 30, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, August 30, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

August 30, 2015

Today's reading: Isaiah ch. 66

Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. ...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions