daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:29 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Tears of Repentance - All Billy Graham Daily Devotionals for 2026

Tears of Repentance details logo    Daily Devotion - Saturday, June 21, 2025
  by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Details
Tears of Repentance

Now change your mind and attitude to God and turn to him so he can cleanse away your sins and send you wonderful times of refreshment from the presence of the Lord.
—Acts 3:19 (TLB)

There is a certain amount of sorrow involved in repentance that we don’t see much of today. That word means moaning and even groaning. I don’t mean that we have to have a great emotional experience, but I do believe that we need some tears of repentance. We need to be sorry for our sins, and to say, “Oh, God, I have sinned against You, and I’m sorry.” I am not an emotional person. I don’t know why, but I don’t cry easily. But of the few times I have cried in my life, some of them have been over sin that I committed many years ago.

The night I came to Christ, I didn’t have any tears. But later I went home and I looked out my window at the North Carolina sky and I cried over my sins. I said, “Oh, God, forgive me.” And the most wonderful peace swept over my soul. From that moment on, I’ve known that my sins were forgiven.

Prayer for the day
There is sorrow in my soul when I remember how I fail You, loving Lord. Forgive my frailties.
Tears of Repentance





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
(Genesis 24:67)


The Holy Scriptures present Isaac as a type of Christ. God said to Abraham. "Take now thy son, thine Isaacand there offer him up for a burnt-offering" (Gen 22:2).
Abraham took him to the appointed...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More
DENYING JESUS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 21, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DENYING JESUS?

Read:


Bible in one year:
2 Samuel 19:16-20:26
Proverbs 13:15-14:3

Hymn:
Sing hymn 13

The company you keep determines who you are, what you do, and how you respond to situations in life. The story was told of a sparrow that got trapped together...More
Loving And Accepting Others
The Word for today
for Saturday, April 11, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

Loving And Accepting Others

In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.' Philippians 2:3 NKJV

You can learn to love and accept someone, without necessarily agreeing with their opinions and endorsing their actions or lifestyle. An important key is learning to see people as individuals. The more we realise...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions