daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:46 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Knowing the Shepherd’s Voice - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Knowing the Shepherd’s Voice details logo    Our Daily Bread - Tuesday, November 8, 2023
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Knowing the Shepherd’s Voice

Bible in a Year: Jeremiah 43-45, Hebrews 5

His sheep follow him because they know his voice.
John 10:4

Today's Scripture & Insight: John 10:1-10

When I was a boy living on a ranch in Tennessee, I spent glorious afternoons roaming with my best friend. We'd hike into the woods, ride ponies, visit the rodeo arena, and venture into the barn to watch the cowboys work the horses. But whenever I heard my dad's whistle—that clear sound slicing through the wind and all the other clatter—I'd immediately drop whatever I was doing and head home. The signal was unmistakable, and I knew I was being called by my father. Decades later, I'd still recognize that whistle.

Jesus told His disciples that He was the Shepherd, and His followers were the sheep. "The sheep listen to [the shepherd's] voice," He said. "He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out" (John 10:3). In a time when numerous leaders and teachers sought to confuse Christ's disciples by asserting their authority, He declared that His loving voice could still be heard clearly, more distinctly than all the others. "His sheep follow [the shepherd], because they know his voice" (v. 4).

May we be careful as we listen for Jesus' voice and avoid foolishly dismissing it, for the fundamental truth remains: The Shepherd speaks clearly, and His sheep hear His voice. Perhaps through a verse of Scripture, the words of a believing friend, or the nudge of the Spirit—Jesus speaks, and we do hear.

By: Winn Collier

Reflect & Pray
How do you think you've complicated hearing God's voice? What's the Shepherd saying to you today?

Dear God, I need to be reminded that You're speaking, and that I do hear You. Help me pay attention. Help me to listen and respond.
Knowing the Shepherd's Voice





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
(Genesis 24:67)


The Holy Scriptures present Isaac as a type of Christ. God said to Abraham. "Take now thy son, thine Isaacand there offer him up for a burnt-offering" (Gen 22:2).
Abraham took him to the appointed...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More
DENYING JESUS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 21, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DENYING JESUS?

Read:


Bible in one year:
2 Samuel 19:16-20:26
Proverbs 13:15-14:3

Hymn:
Sing hymn 13

The company you keep determines who you are, what you do, and how you respond to situations in life. The story was told of a sparrow that got trapped together...More
Loving And Accepting Others
The Word for today
for Saturday, April 11, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

Loving And Accepting Others

In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.' Philippians 2:3 NKJV

You can learn to love and accept someone, without necessarily agreeing with their opinions and endorsing their actions or lifestyle. An important key is learning to see people as individuals. The more we realise...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions