daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:17 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Following God - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Following God details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, May 17, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Following God

Bible in a Year : 1 Chronicles 1-3, John 5:25-47

In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6

Today's Scripture & Insight : Proverbs 3:1-8

On my free day in Paris during a visit a few years ago, I had some time to roam around the famed city by myself before meeting a friend by the Eiffel Tower for dinner. All was fine until my phone’s battery died. I didn’t have a map, so I wasn’t sure where I was going, but this city girl didn’t panic. I just continued to walk along the Seine River and kept my eyes on the towering Eiffel Tower. My plan worked until I got closer to the landmark that somehow disappeared behind the surrounding buildings.

I was astonished that such a large structure could be hidden in plain sight! I finally realised I needed help, so I asked for directions and found my friend.

Life can be so unpredictable. As we face obstacles and challenges in life, we can ask God for help and direction. Asking Him helps us not get lost along our journey or be tempted to take detours or to quit. Especially when life seems hard or confusing, we can turn to God for guidance.

In Proverbs 3:5-6, Solomon encourages his readers by telling them to “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

As we seek God’s wisdom through prayer and reading the Bible, He’ll guide us. Let’s continue to trust Him and follow His lead.

By: Nancy Gavilanes

Reflect & Pray
Why is it sometimes hard to follow God? How can you stay better connected to Him?

Dear God, thank You for leading and guiding me.
Following God





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions