daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:17 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Persevering Joyfully - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Persevering Joyfully details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, August 6, 2025
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Persevering Joyfully

Bible in a Year : Psalms 70-71, Romans 8:22-39

The testing of your faith produces perseverance.
James 1:3

Today's Scripture & Insight : James 1:1-4

I was ‘baptised’ into boating when I attempted sailing for the first time in the warm Aegean Sea. I capsized my small dinghy six times during the first lesson alone, taking my unfortunate instructor down with me. It was total immersion, sometimes with a mouthful of seawater! I’d right the boat and then clamber, exhausted from the effort, back on board to—within minutes—fall in again. Yet through the repeated dousing, I eventually became able to sail a boat on my own.

For me, sailing required considerable perseverance. When James encouraged scared, suffering Christians “scattered among the nations” (1:1) to persevere, he used the word hupomone, which means cheerful or hopeful endurance (v. 3).

I can’t say I naturally feel “pure joy” (v. 2) in the midst of my trials, but I do know that the promised rewards—like sailing independently—help me not to give up. We can only persevere joyfully when we know we’re heading towards something better.

In our Christian walk, too, our joy is not in the trials themselves, but in their outcome: one day becoming “mature and complete, not lacking anything” (v. 4). Yet often, when the road gets hard, we are tempted to settle for less than God’s best.

The ultimate fulfilment of our hope will be in heaven. But today we can draw closer to God, knowing Him better and becoming more like Him, even through our trials.

By: Adrian Smith

Reflect & Pray
When have you experienced God at work in your trials? How could his promises for our future help you persevere with hope and joy?

Compassionate Lord, thank You for always being with me in my trials. Help me to keep my hope fixed on You.
Persevering Joyfully





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions