daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:18 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Praying God’s Promises - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Praying God’s Promises details logo    Our Daily Bread - Saturday, March 28, 2026
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Praying God’s Promises

Bible in a Year : Judges 4-6, Luke 4:31-44

Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.
Psalm 119:49

Today's Scripture & Insight : Psalm 119:49-56

“No, you can’t go to the lake,” I said to my daughter with my head tucked under the sink as I fixed a broken pipe. “Dad, you promised that after I had finished my chores, I could go,” she reminded me. I’d forgotten what I had said because I was preoccupied. My problem blinded me to my promise.

As my daughter did with me, the psalmist reminded God of His promises. “Remember your word to your servant,” he wrote, “for you have given me hope” (119:49). Thankfully we don’t have a heavenly Father who’s distracted and forgetful. We can come to Him not only with our hurts, problems, and disappointments but also in confidence knowing He’s a good Father: “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life” (v. 50).

God invites us to meditate on the Scriptures so we can remind Him of His promises—not because He forgets but because He desires that we know Him well. That’s why the psalmist says, “I remember, Lord, your ancient laws, and I find comfort in them. . . . Your decrees are the theme of my song” (vv. 52, 54).

Because of my distractions, my daughter needed to remind me of my promise. When she did, I gladly let her go to the lake. We can be thankful that our heavenly Father is never preoccupied or too busy. He loves to hear us pray His words back to Him.

By: Matt Lucas

Reflect & Pray
What’s one of your favorite promises from God? How will you thank Him for faithfully keeping it?

Father in heaven, I easily get overwhelmed with the busyness of life. Please help me to remember Your promises to me.
Praying God’s Promises





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions