daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 8:49 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Holy, Holy, Holy - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Holy, Holy, Holy details logo    Our Daily Bread - Friday, January 26, 2018
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Holy, Holy, Holy

Read: Revelation 4 | Bible in a Year: Exodus 14-15; Matthew 17

Day and night they never stop saying: " ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,' who was, and is, and is to come." Revelation 4:8

"Time flies when you're having fun." This cliché has no basis in fact, but experience makes it seem true.

When life is pleasant, time passes all too quickly. Give me a task that I enjoy, or a person whose company I love, and time seems irrelevant.

" ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,' who was, and is, and is to come."
Revelation 4:8

My experience of this "reality" has given me a new understanding of the scene described in Revelation 4. In the past, when I considered the four living creatures seated around God's throne who keep repeating the same few words, I thought, What a boring existence!

I don't think that anymore. I think about the scenes they have witnessed with their many eyes (v. 8). I consider the view they have from their position around God's throne (v. 6). I think of how amazed they are at God's wise and loving involvement with wayward earthlings. Then I think, What better response could there be? What else is there to say but, "Holy, holy, holy"?

Is it boring to say the same words over and over? Not when you're in the presence of the one you love. Not when you're doing exactly what you were designed to do.

Like the four creatures, we were designed to glorify God. Our lives will never be boring if we're focusing our attention on Him and fulfilling that purpose.

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee; holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty! God in three Persons, blessed Trinity! Reginald Heber


The author of this article, Julie, is now worshiping her Lord in heaven.


A heart in tune with God can't help but sing His praise.

By Julie Ackerman Link





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves...


Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? And having begun from Moses and from all the prophets, He interpreted them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
(Luke 24:26-27)


Two discouraged disciples were reasoning among themselves as...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More
THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!
Our Daily Manna
for Friday, September 4, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

THE ABRAHAMIC GOD!

Welcome to today's devotional encounter. We begin with some three amazing facts below:
1.Buckingham palace has more than six hundred rooms.
2.Howard Hughes once made half a billion dollars in one day! In 1966, he received a bank draft for $546,549,171 in return for his 75 percent of New...More
WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 11, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional WOUNDS LEAVE THEIR SCARS



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions