daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 3:15 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Morning Mist - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Morning Mist details logo    Our Daily Bread - Thursday, December 11, 2020
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Morning Mist

Bible in a Year: Hosea 5-8, Revelation 2

I have swept away your offenses . . . like the morning mist.
Isaiah 44:22

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 44:9-11, 21-23

One morning I visited a pond near my house. I sat on an overturned boat, thinking and watching a gentle west wind chase a layer of mist across the water's surface. Wisps of fog circled and swirled. Mini "tornadoes" rose up and then exhausted themselves. Before long, the sunlight cut through the clouds and the mist disappeared.

This scene comforted me because I connected it with a verse I'd just read: "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist" (Isaiah 44:22). I visited the place hoping to distract myself from a series of sinful thoughts I'd been preoccupied with for days. Although I was confessing them, I began to wonder if God would forgive me when I repeated the same sin.

That morning, I knew the answer was yes. Through His prophet Isaiah, God showed grace to the Israelites when they struggled with the ongoing problem of idol worship. Although He told them to stop chasing false gods, God also invited them back to Himself, saying, "I have made you, you are my servant; . . . I will not forget you" (v. 21).

I don't fully grasp forgiveness like that, but I do understand that God's grace is the only thing that can dissolve our sin completely and heal us from it. I'm thankful His grace is endless and divine like He is, and that it's available whenever we need it.

By: Jennifer Benson Schuldt

Reflect & Pray
How is it possible to abuse God's grace? What steps can you take to break free of sinful habits and experience His forgiveness?


Dear God, thank You for Your gracious presence in my life. I don't want to live in habitual sin. Help me to feel the freedom that comes when I confess my sin and You erase it completely.

Read Grace: Accepting God's Gift to You at DiscoverySeries.org/Q0613.



Morning Mist





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE HOLY SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE HOLY SPIRIT

It is one thing to receive the anointing and another to keep growing on it. There are people who had the anointing, but today, everything has virtually ebbed out. It is possible to connect with the Holy Spirit and to continue to flow in the power of the anointing even at increasing levels. If this is your desire,...More
LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, May 28, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE

Read:
.
The essence of the anointing of God in your life is not for show but for service. Service is a fundamental aspect of leadership. The moment you remove service from your life, there is no room for good leadership. People should see the good example you are showing and praise God for your life....More
Apollo 15
The Good Seed
for Monday, July 20, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Apollo 15

You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain. You are the same, and your years will not fail.
Hebrews 1:10-12.

Apollo 15
Whenever he gave an account of his landing on the moon during the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions