daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:50 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Our Father - All Our Daily Bread Daily Devotionals for 2026

Our Father details logo    Our Daily Bread - Wednesday, May 5, 2022
  by RBC Ministries
Details
Our Father

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 19-20, Luke 23:1-25

This, then, is how you should pray: "Our Father . . ."
Matthew 6:9
COMMENT

Today's Scripture & Insight: Matthew 6:5-13

Most mornings I recite the Lord's Prayer. I'm not worth much for the new day until I've grounded myself in those words. Recently I'd said only the first two words—"Our Father"—when my phone rang. It startled me as it was 5:43 a.m. Guess who? The phone display read "Dad." Before I had a chance to answer, the call quickly ended. I guessed my dad had called by mistake. Sure enough, he had. Random coincidence? Maybe, but I believe we live in a world awash in the mercy of God. That particular day I needed that reassurance of our Father's presence.

Think about that for a minute. Of all the ways Jesus could have taught His disciples to begin their prayers, He chose those two words—"Our Father" (Matthew 6:9) as the starting point. Random? No, Jesus was never less than intentional with His words. We all have different relationships with our earthly fathers—some good, some far less than that. However, praying in the way we should is not addressing "my" father or "your" father, but "our" Father, the One who sees us and hears us, and who knows what we need before we even ask Him (v. 8).

What an amazing reassurance, especially on those days when we might feel forgotten, alone, abandoned, or simply just not worth much. Remember, regardless of where we are and what time of day or night it might be, our Father in heaven is always near.

By: John Blase

Reflect & Pray
How can you make the Lord's Prayer a part of your prayer life? What feelings do those two words—"Our Father"—stir in you?

Father, thank You for Your promise to hear me when I pray, regardless of where I may be.
Our Father





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions