daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:08 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God’s Gentleman - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

God’s Gentleman details logo    The LORD is near - Thursday, June 9, 2023
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
God’s Gentleman

He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
Isaiah 42:2 NKJV

God's Gentleman
This passage is definitely applied to our Lord in Matthew 12:17-21. It helped me greatly when I was a young man. Personally, I was so under the power of legality that I felt guilty if I rode in a streetcar without immediately rising to give my testimony. As soon as we left the corner, I would get to my feet and say, "Friends, I want to give my testimony for Jesus Christ, and I want to tell you how God saved me." The conductor would come and say, "Sit down. We didn't ask you to come in here to conduct a church service." Then I was rather rude to him. I said, "Well, I'll sit down if you say so, but you'll have to answer at the judgment bar of God for preventing these people from hearing the gospel." I would do the same thing in a railroad train. As soon as we got away from the station, I faced the passengers and began to give my testimony. I felt I had to do it or be responsible for their souls. I did not realize that this was rude.

What does it say of the Lord? "He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street." He went through His service here for God in such a restful, quiet way. When people came to Him and wanted to know how to get eternal life, how to be saved, He was always ready to meet them, and He sought out the lost, like the woman at Sychar's well; but you never find Him doing anything boisterous or uncouth. He was truly "God's Gentleman."

When I first saw that expression applied to Him I was rather startled. What is a gentleman? A gentle man, a gracious man. Jesus was all that—always gentle and gracious. Even when rebuking sin sternly, He never did anything that was boisterous or made Him seem uncouth.

-- H. A. Ironside





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CONDESCEND!
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CONDESCEND!

After seeing their plight, hearing their cries and feeling their pains, God came down to rescue the Israelites from Egypt. Our God is a mobile God. He comes down to deliver His own. As high as God is and even though He has His throne in Heaven, yet He condescends to meet the needs of His children on earth (Isaiah...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
EX-CHAMPION?
Open Heavens
for Sunday, January 25, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EX-CHAMPION?

Although it is an unpleasant experience to be a defeated contender, becoming an ex-champion is a much more grievous experience. When you are not yet a champion, only a few people pay attention to you. But by the time you become a champion, you will be on the radar of many people, including your enemies. A champion has...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions