daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:59 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Cross (2) - All The LORD is near Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Cross (2) details logo    The LORD is near - Friday, April 3, 2026
  by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr
Details
The Cross (2)

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days. And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
Isaiah 53:10–11

The Cross (2)
I can measure a creature’s sorrow, but when I come to that cross, none can measure that sorrow. Everything was torn and rent within Him who was nailed there. Have I ever felt I could grasp Christ’s mind? What a thought I get of such a feeling when I come to the cross! Can I truly understand what that mind was there? How grasp the infinitude of that mind of “God manifest in flesh” in such a position? It is utterly impossible that I ever could understand what He suffered there! Not one ray of light, not one smile on the Sin-bearer, for even the least sin is directly against God. Superlatively perfect all through His life, yet never more perfect than at the cross, where He could say, “If God forsakes me, I will not forsake Him, my God.” What could have been in the mind and heart of God when He had to turn away from that only perfect One?

If I understand what Christ was for me on the cross, there is no sin for me before God. If God had treated me as He did His Son, it would have been the withering up of me, and the casting of body and soul into hell; but I am standing in the presence of God as one who has had the measure of my sin laid on Christ, and He has brought His own divine thoughts into my being, lifting my heart up to Himself.

When our future in the wilderness is closed, there is Christ’s future; and in the thought of that, hearts ought to be extremely bright. To be able to say, “I am the Savior’s prize; I have fallen to His lot,” makes everything bright, for He is Lord of all!

G. V. Wigram





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FASTING IS NECESSARY
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FASTING IS NECESSARY

To relate with the Holy Spirit, you must be holy. You must also exercise a living faith, pray and fast. Some people will tell you that because had finished the work of salvation, there is no need to fast. To them, fasting is completely needless and is some form of self-inflicted punishment. But they forget that...More
ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?

It is always good to pay close attention to instructions given by someone you claim to be your guide or guardian. Often, we miss many opportunities, breakthroughs and victories because we fail to see the details of the instructions given to us on a subject. A multinational company once held a promotional exam for...More
Thanks for Who God Is
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, November 16, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Thanks for Who God Is

Read: Psalm 95:1-7 | Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 3-4; Hebrews 11:20-40



There are countless reasons to thank God, including for who He is!

By Dave...More
Operating with Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, May 4, 2023
by RBC Ministries

Operating with Prayer

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 16-18, Luke 22:47-71


2 Chronicles 20:3

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Chronicles 20:1-12

When my son needed orthopedic surgery, I was grateful for the doctor who performed the operation. The doctor, who was nearing retirement, assured us...More


Temmy's ourdailybread daily devotional Operating with Prayer



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions