daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:16 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


I was brought up in a Christian... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

I was brought up in a Christian... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, October 6, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
I was brought up in a Christian...

Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3.

I was brought up in a Christian family, and considered the Bible a holy book. I became a member of a church and helped in the work there for many years, during which I often spoke to the clergy, deacons and presbyters. No-one ever asked me if I was a child of God. I planned church activities, administered the finance and organised the musical side of the services. Nobody was interested in my relationship with God. I planned and co-operated in the external work of Christianity without ever considering the inner, spiritual aspects.

Later I met a business friend and told him how the church had developed in the past decades and become more attractive. He replied: "That may be. But the question is: has the gospel been preached? Is it clear that everyone must turn to God personally and be born again?" That retort shocked me: I had never heard that anyone had to be converted personally.

I asked my friend what he meant by that, and he took the time to explain that no-one can be saved by good deeds or religious forms, but only through conversion to God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was irritated, even agitated, but I listened out of curiosity when he read from the Bible: "Let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely" (Revelation 22:17). It said whoever - and that meant me!

I understood that neither church membership nor church work could save. I personally had to be born again out of sheer grace!

Today's reading: 1 Chronicles 2:1-55 · Psalms 78:65-72





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions