daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:27 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The death of her mother set... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The death of her mother set... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, December 8, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The death of her mother set...

Man dies and is laid away; and where is he?

The sting of death is sin. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Job 14:10; 1 Corinthians 15:56.57.

The death of her mother set the woman thinking. One evening she asked her husband, "What do you think happens after death?" - "All is over and done with!" - "But a friend of mine says that's not true. She believes in eternal life."

Her husband became rather angry: "Susi goes to church. There they believe that sort of thing." The debate continued for a while. The wife refused to give way. Finally she said, "If it is true that life comes from God, and if it really goes on after death, and we decide in this life how things turn out later, then it does matter how I live here. There will be consequences. Don't you understand that?"

The husband answered, "I understand that much better than you do, but I simply suppress thinking about it, otherwise I couldn't live as I do." With that he ended the conversation and left the house.

Whoever wishes to continue living apart from God, whatever the cost, must suppress any thought of God and eternity. Or he goes a step further, as is often the case, and ridicules the whole idea.

Christ was the Victor over death. On His side will stand only those who think otherwise and are converted. They turn to Christ, acknowledging Him to be the Lord over their life. And Christ gives them the victory over sin, death and the devil.

Today's reading: 2 Chronicles 23:1-11 · Revelation 10:1-11





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions