daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:04 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The expectation of the Christian - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The expectation of the Christian details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, July 18, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The expectation of the Christian

Take heed, watch and pray; … it is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming.
Mark 13:33–35

The expectation of the Christian
As believers, we are called to be watchful and to expect the Lord Jesus any day as we faithfully go about our tasks.

Expect the Lord! “Be like men who wait for their master” (Luke 12:36). “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope” (Psalm 130:5).
Take heed! Be attentive like a watchman on the tower. “And he listened earnestly with great care. … I stand continually on the watchtower in the daytime” (Isaiah 21:7–8).
Watch and pray! “Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving” (Colossians 4:2). “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication” (Ephesians 6:18).
Do your work! “Do business till I come” (Luke 19:13). “Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes” (Luke 12:43).
Guard the good faith entrusted to you! “Be watchful. ... Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast” (Revelation 3:2–3). “Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown” (Revelation 3:11).
Warn others! “I have made you a watchman … therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me” (Ezekiel 3:17).

Today’s reading: 2 Samuel 17:15-29 · Titus 1:1-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions