daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:42 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The living God changed my life - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The living God changed my life details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, January 8, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The living God changed my life

Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1.

The living God changed my life
This is Michael's report: "Through my religious upbringing I was constantly in touch with belief in God as a child. In my youth, however, I was influenced by the philosophy of Descartes and began to doubt everything religious. I considered my childish faith as naïve. Many of life's vital questions remained unanswered however.

At the age of 20 I met a Christian lady who lived out her faith authentically and naturally. I started to see God and the Christian faith in another light - it was much more realistic and concrete.

After praying to God to grant me a good, happy life, I began reading the Bible. I understood very little, for I was not prepared to follow Jesus and His example. I returned to my former way of life and felt condemned to an indifferent life with fear of the future, struggles, difficulties and defeats despite all my efforts to avoid them.

Only later did I learn the basis of Christian faith. I wept tears of repentance and experienced the joy of forgiveness; I hungered after the Word of God. God changed my innermost life, granting me faith and a new life, in which I could grow under His guidance. Through His Word and in all situations God proves to be faithful, patient and just. He reveals His love to me more and more, and I can rely on Him by faith day by day.

I was sceptical regarding the faith that I considered naïve, but then I came to know the living God, who changed my life.

Today's reading: Hosea 8:1-14 · James 4:1-10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


GOD PROMOTES
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD PROMOTES

When God set out to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt, it was to take them out of captivity and bondage and to lift them up. God has come to take you out of your current location in the miry clay to your promised land - a land flowing with milk and honey. This simply tells us that the God of Abraham, Isaac...More
TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1

One major undoing of modern civilized society is an abounding generation of untrained children. This trend did not just start, but has been on for some time now. The result is that many untrained children of few years back have become parents themselves. It is the multiplier effect of their lack of proper home...More
A LIBERAL HEART?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 27, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LIBERAL HEART?

Read:
, God asked the widow to feed the prophet before taking care of herself. At the end of the day, what was not enough became more than enough. To what extent do you practice giving as an individual, family, church or nation?

Those who never give will continue to beg, if you desire to...More
A DISTINCTIVE FAITH
Today in the Word
for Thursday, October 22, 2021
by Moody's Bible Institute

A DISTINCTIVE FAITH

Hebrews 11:24-28

Author Zora Neale Hurston wrote a book titled Moses, Man of the Mountain. Published in 1939, it retells the story of Moses and the Exodus. Hurston altered details of the story for her own purposes, weaving in allusions to African American history, folklore, and song. She reflected...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions