daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:18 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Thoughts on the Gospel of John (43) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (43) details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, May 22, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Thoughts on the Gospel of John (43)

Then Jesus cried out, as he taught in the temple, saying, You both know me, and you know where I am from; and I have not come of myself, but he who sent me is true, whom you do not know. But I know him, for I am from him, and he sent me. Therefore they sought to take him; but no-one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come. And many of the people believed in him, and said, When the Christ comes, will he do more signs than these which this man has done?
John 7:28-31.

Thoughts on the Gospel of John (43)
Some inhabitants of Jerusalem thought they knew where Jesus had come from. But they did not recognise Him as the promised Messiah. The Lord exposed their erroneous, traditional view and reminded them that according to Scripture He would be born of the virgin in Bethlehem (Isaiah 7:14).

Let us note exactly what the Lord said: "He sent me." We could not say that: we did not exist before being begotten. But Jesus, the Son of God existed before he became Man.

Was that not sufficient proof that Jesus is the Christ? Certainly! The reason for all hostility towards Christ is that people do not truly know God. Whoever does his own will, seeking fame for himself, remains in ignorance concerning God.

The Lord, however, could say, "I know him, for I am from him." He not only came from the Father, He is from Him, i.e. He was "with God" and "was God" (John 1:1).

People think differently about Jesus. So it was there. Some believed, others were full of hatred. But no-one dared to take Him captive. Before the time of His death appointed by God came, mankind remained powerless.

(to be continued next Sunday)

Today's reading: Genesis 30:1-24 · Psalms 17:1-7





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions