daily devotionals online logo Wednesday, September 30, 2026 9:31 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Don’t Be A Complainer - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Don’t Be A Complainer details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, February 15, 2020
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Don’t Be A Complainer

‘Do everything without complaining.' Philippians 2:14 NLT

In an old Peanuts comic strip, Lucy announces, ‘Boy, do I feel crabby today.' Her little brother Linus, always the peacemaker, responds, ‘Maybe I can help. Why don't you just take my place in front of the TV and I'll fix you a nice snack? Sometimes we all need a little pampering to make us feel better.' A few minutes later, Linus brings Lucy a sandwich, some chocolate-chip cookies, and milk. ‘Is there anything else I can get you? Anything I haven't thought of?' he asks. ‘Yes,' snaps Lucy, ‘There's one thing you haven't thought of. I don't want to feel better!'

The truth is that some people don't want to feel better—they just want attention, and complaining is how they get it. Do you know anyone like that? The Bible repeatedly tells us to stay away from complaining. It takes gut-level honesty to ask yourself: ‘How much of what I say focuses on complaining about the situation instead of trying to improve it? Have I built my life around people who feel the same, people who'd probably be upset if I decided to grow and adopt a better attitude? Am I living in the past, nursing old wounds, refusing to forgive others and myself?' Time alone doesn't heal—insight does! Jesus said knowing the truth sets us free (see John 8:32). Once you're willing to face the truth about your attitude and do something about it, your life will start to improve. And one more thought: Paul says, ‘Rejoice always give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you.' (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV)

This is God's will—so do it!

SoulFood: Rom 7:1-9:16, Matt 14:13-21, Ps 145:14-21, Pro 4:23-24





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, ...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 13, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, ...


. He learned that God can only use subjection of Himself, weakness in self, and dependence upon Him only.
However, there was only one person, spiritually speaking, who was a true Nazarite, and that was our Lord Jesus. He shows us that it is not a negative thing to be separated from the world but rather a...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (2)
The Word for today
for Monday, January 6, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (2)

Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you'
Jeremiah 1:17 NIV
Are you embarrassed about your beginnings? Jeremiah was. He begins his book by listing the good people an the bad people in his background. Well, guess what? We all came from a less than perfect gene pool! We're...More
FAITHFULNESS
Daily Scripture Reading
for Tuesday, July 28, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

FAITHFULNESS

...More
Adam found an excuse:
The Good Seed
for Friday, February 25, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Adam found an excuse:


Jeremiah 17:9

In a discussion on the above text with some young people, the question was asked: how are we to understand the word "deceitful" here? After some consideration they reached this conclusion: deceitful means that the heart finds an excuse for everything. This seems a very apt...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions