daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:44 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Prayer: make it simple and frequent - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Prayer: make it simple and frequent details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, May 25, 2021
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Prayer: make it simple and frequent

‘When you are praying.' Matthew 6:7 NASB

Knowing our tendency to complicate things, Jesus said, By using the words ‘thoughtless repetition', He's teaching us that prayer doesn't have to be long, loud, or laboured. And because He said ‘your Father knows what you need before you ask Him,' He's inviting you to find a Scriptural promise that corresponds to your need and stand on it.

Charles Swindoll, who uses his driving time to pray, writes this: ‘Often I speak to God out loud. Sometimes I sing to Him. Occasionally the entire prayer will be in my mind. Each time I commit myself to prayer, I notice that God becomes my focus rather than some personal struggle. I'm relieved of worry. I'm able to release anything concerning me so that I can become altogether lost in the majesty of His presence and the joy of ministry. When I arrive, I'm excited to do as God pleases. I find myself refreshed, relieved, and ready. My mind is focused. My heart is prepared. My emotions are clear, and whatever was troubling me when I began that drive no longer concerns me. Prayer has made that possible. Now I wish I could say I use every commute every day for time in prayer. But like many people, I often forget. My mind will be spinning from one problem to the next and rather than pray, I churn. At times I'll be so anxious it doesn't occur to me that I should quit worrying and commence praying.'

Prayer: make it simple, make it frequent.

SoulFood: 1 Kings 10-11, Mark 11:12-26, Ps 45, Pr 12:7-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.


[Isaac] took Rebecca, and she became his wife, and he loved her.
(Genesis 24:67)


The Holy Scriptures present Isaac as a type of Christ. God said to Abraham. "Take now thy son, thine Isaacand there offer him up for a burnt-offering" (Gen 22:2).
Abraham took him to the appointed...More
Get Ready To Move (2)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 25, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (2)

I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised'
Joshua 1:3 NIV


Can you imagine how Joshua felt stepping into Moses' shoes? He needed assurance, so God told him: 1) I will give you every place where you set your foot.' In other words, just step out in faith and claim it....More
DENYING JESUS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, April 21, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DENYING JESUS?

Read:


Bible in one year:
2 Samuel 19:16-20:26
Proverbs 13:15-14:3

Hymn:
Sing hymn 13

The company you keep determines who you are, what you do, and how you respond to situations in life. The story was told of a sparrow that got trapped together...More
Loving And Accepting Others
The Word for today
for Saturday, April 11, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

Loving And Accepting Others

In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.' Philippians 2:3 NKJV

You can learn to love and accept someone, without necessarily agreeing with their opinions and endorsing their actions or lifestyle. An important key is learning to see people as individuals. The more we realise...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions