daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 9:06 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A deathbed prayer (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A deathbed prayer (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, March 20, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A deathbed prayer (2)

Behold, now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2

A deathbed prayer (2)
Only one more hour to live! I lay on my deathbed, intending to pray to God, so as to get to heaven. First I had to gather my thoughts. When I looked at my watch, a quarter of an hour had passed already. Shocked, I said to myself: "Now I must ask God for grace."

In my mind I saw my family back at home and wondered what they would say when they heard of my death. I looked at my watch again. Another twenty minutes had passed. I searched desperately for the right words to pray, but found nothing suitable. I was too weak to carry out my intention. I couldn't plead God's grace.

Another look at the time: two more minutes, and the hour had passed. I pulled myself together and tried to say a prayer that I had once learnt: "Our Father, which art in heaven." I got no further; I was too ill to remember the words. In despair I had to recognise that I could not ask God's grace on my deathbed.

But God spared my life. Shortly afterwards I heard the gospel: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Timothy 1:15). I also heard: "Now is the day of salvation." I rea­lised how stupid it was to wait and postpone this important decision. Jesus Christ invites us to come now. He wishes to save and grant eternal life now, not on one's deathbed.

I finally did what was necessary: I confessed my sins to Jesus Christ and accepted the grace that He offers on the basis of His atoning death. He received me. I am saved already now and lead a happy life under His guidance.

(concluded)

Today's reading: Jeremiah 1:1-19 · Luke 19:28-38





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions