daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 4:40 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


When You Die! (3) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

When You Die! (3) details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, May 29, 2022
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
When You Die! (3)

‘I desire to depart and be with Christ.' Philippians 1:23 NIV

In his Analogies of Nature, William Jennings Bryan wrote: ‘Christ gave us proof of immortality, and yet it would hardly seem necessary that one should rise from the dead to convince us that the grave is not the end. If the Father stoops to touch with Divine power the cold and pulseless heart of the buried acorn and to make it burst forth into a new life, will He leave neglected in the earth the soul of man, made in the image of his Creator? If He stoops to give to the rosebud whose withered blossoms float upon the autumn breeze, the sweet assurance of another springtime, will He refuse words of hope to the sons of men when the frosts of winter come? If matter, mute and inanimate, though changed by the forces of nature into a multitude of forms, can never die, will the spirit of man suffer annihilation when it has paid a brief visit like a royal guest to this tenement of clay? No, I am as sure that there is another life as I am that I live today!'

Paul tells us: ‘If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labour for me. Yet what shall I choose? I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.' (Philippians 1:22-24 NIV) So no matter how difficult or blessed your life is here and now, your best days are ahead; days without end, experiencing the joys of Heaven. Make sure you're ready to go when your time comes!

SoulFood: Gen 1:1-2:3, John 1:1-18





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Seek God - Not Things!
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 19, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Seek God - Not Things!

The Lordgives you the ability to produce wealth'
Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
God holds back no good from those who do what is right' (Psalm 84:11 NLT). But it's important to acknowledge Him as the source of all your blessings. And on this one, we all fall short! Let's face it, more isn't always better. In fact,...More
DRESS IT AND KEEP IT
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 8, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DRESS IT AND KEEP IT

Read:
. To keep the land which the Lord has given us to inhabit, we must obey Him and live according to His Word. When we do this, our land will be free from evil and it will yield great increase for our pleasure (Deuteronomy 28). I encourage you reading this devotional to give your life to Jesus Christ...More
Beat Again
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, June 26, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Beat Again

Bible in a Year: Job 5-7, Acts...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions